Margerison-McCann Types of Work WheelSaturday, December 13, 2008 14:56
Though a lot of job activities in different organizations can be carried out by a wide variety of people, certain key activities need to be carried out by the right people with special capabilities, preferences, and skills. As a result, no matter during the process of designing a new job or restructuring an existing one, it is very important to identified the critical activities that the job holder will have to perform.
According to the “Types of Work Model” of Margerison and McCann, there are nine essential team activities in general that could be distinguished.
1. Advising—Gathering and reporting information
2. Innovating—Creating and experimenting with ideas
3. Promoting—Exploring and presenting opportunities
4. Developing—Assessing and testing the applicability of new approaches
5. Organizing—Establishing and implementing ways of making things work
6. Producing—Concluding and delivering outputs
7. Inspecting—Controlling and auditing the working of systems
8. Maintaining—Upholding and safeguarding standards and processes
9. Linking—Coordinating and integrating the work of others
For the job analysis, the concept of such criticality is fundamental to the Team Management Systems approach.
- Find Legitimate Work From Home Opportunities
There is no lack of methods of making money online...
- Work Arrangement That Welcomed the Most by Staff
If you are managing a team of people, and looks...
- Belbin’s Team Types
Dr Meredith Belbin established that most people tend to...
- Hire an Outside Team to Handle the SEO Work
SEO has completely changed marketers’ way of promoting the name...
- Three Types of Resource that Should be Accumulated by Enterprises
In order to achieve great success in the field, enterprises...